Thursday, May 8, 2014

Baby Trigg's Birth Story {Seattle Birth Photographer}

Of all the different genres of photography that I've had the opportunity to capture, nothing can compare to that of documenting a new life entering this world. It is such an incredible experience to encapsulate those very special, yet quickly fleeting, moments - like baby's very first breath or the expression on mom and dad's face as they hold their tiny baby for the very first time. The emotion throughout the process is so raw and the love is practically tangible.

Having photographed the birth of their first born, I was so honored when Lacy and Toby invited me to photograph the arrival of their second bambino as well! Much like their first, this delivery was also scheduled induction. When I arrived, things were pretty slow moving, but then picked up dramatically once Lacy's water broke. Due to a blood clotting disorder, her epidural had to wait until the medical team was satisfied with her platelet count. That meant a few blood draws and a whole lotta waiting in the process! Once the epidural was administered, things slowed back down again, leaving Lacy at a 6cm for a good chunk of the afternoon. Then, at about 5:45pm, the nurse announced that it was go time! Everyone in the room was giddy with excitement, and nothing but smiles between contractions. Things were moving fast, like, if the doctor doesn't hurry the baby is going to beat her here, fast. Adding to the anticipation and excitement of the day, Lacy and Toby had decided not to find out the sex of the baby. Well they didn't have to wait much longer at that point because within moments of the doctor's arrival, baby BOY Trigg made his grand entrance! As the result of Trigg's super speedy delivery, the little guy hadn't quite expelled all of the amniotic fluid from his little lungs, so he made a brief trip to the NICU where he was further evaluated. While there, Toby really got the opportunity to interact with Trigg for the first time. This daddy was absolutely glowing with pride. I don't think he could have hid his smile if he tried! Then, as I headed back down to the delivery room, I saw the most adorable little red-headed boy bouncing down the hall. I quickly recognized this handsome kiddo from Lacy's images on Facebook, though the last time I actually saw him in person was when I photographed his birth, two years prior. My heart was in a sentimental puddle on the floor as I captured him racing down the halls looking for his mommy, daddy and new little brother.

I am so excited to share this birth story with you! I would like to point out that my approach is tasteful documentation, not graphic details. So to put it bluntly, you will not see... well, you know... lady parts. :-)


Board1 Board2 Board3 Board4 Board5 Board6 Board7 Board8 Board9 Board10
Thank you Lacy and Toby for allowing me to be part of this amazing experience!

1 comment: